Saturday, April 28, 2012

More signs of Spring...


Yesterday, I found 5 different examples of local Spring flora, the last of which looked to me like something from another planet. (The idea that I am living on a different planet is a thought that has crossed my mind more than a few times since arriving here and indeed, many of the places I have visited  this past year bear a striking resemblance to planet Tatooine of Star Wars fame...more about that in a subsequent post...). I am sure that all the "flowers" I found here on FOB Wolverine would be classified as weeds by most everyone, but to me, they are welcome harbingers of Spring, a sight for sore eyes and lovely bits of color in an otherwise drab landscape. The straggly plants I found while wandering around this base of dirt, rock and not much else, are certainly a far cry from the lush flower boxes of my gardening friends back home but somehow that makes them feel like even more of a gift. I didn't plan for them, work to cultivate them or even anticipate that they would appear and yet here they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment