Saturday, May 5, 2012

Southern hospitality...

This morning at breakfast, Vector, who in real life, is a very nice man from North Carolina, named Richard, let me know there was a young fox vixen caught in the same trap where we looked at the hedgehog yesterday. New fauna is always so exciting! Can you say Kodak moment?!? I can and I did. This foxy lady actively moved around more than any of the other animals I have visited in jail. She hunkered down, backed up, and showed us her toothsome smile. Then, with a swish of her fluffy tail,  she stood to push at the door with dainty paws in agitation, seeking a way out. This gorgeous strawberry blond appeared less than thrilled with our photographic efforts. I suppose, as we surrounded the trap, we must have seemed to her like some kind of kind of foreign paparazzi snapping away without even a by your leave from her. I sympathize with the lady. I object to having my picture made as well - even when I'm not in jail. To add insult to injury, mug shots through prison bars presumably never portray a gal at her best. I can only imagine how humiliating it must be to a young desert vixen ensnared and then caught on film  - scandalous. Now, the poor thing's wadi cred (what passes for street cred here in the desert) is likely totally in the crapper. I figure all her clever, more fortunate or less hungry pack mates probably double fox dared her to go for the meat in the first place. I can almost hear them yipping...go on Foxy...you can do it...they're only humans...how smart can they be...smell that ....mmmmm ... Where are those fair weather foxen now? Hiding out in the brush of course, yipping in hilarity at her predicament.  Haters... everyone knows foxy ladies sometimes live to regret the occasional lapse in judgement which can and often does lead a girl into temptation - at least this foxy little gal got dinner and a couple of drinks out of the deal. Told you, Vector is a nice guy. Ahhhhh....Southern hospitality...

No comments:

Post a Comment